Wednesday 16 July 2008

Pattern and Colour Class

I hope this goes to plan. I've created a class based on pattern and colour as inspiration for pages.
I'd love to see what everyone has come up with. I'll post each prompt here - the first being posted today and my inspiration from those prompts will be posted as well.

Here is class lesson 1:

Patterns and Colour Workshop

Patterns and colour are around us everyday in every different object we see. By the time this course is finished you will have a book made up of patterned and coloured pages. You can use these prompts to create a scrapbook or a mini book of your choice.
I’ve created 5 prompts to give you inspiration for your first five pages. The sixth prompt is up to you whether you choose to go ahead with or not.

This is a short class and each prompt will be posted on my blog with the date that the next prompt will be posted on as well.
There is no time limit for this class – each prompt can take you as long as you want. I’d love to see what you come up with and I’ll be working with you along the way. Each prompt I give will also have my version with it as further inspiration for you.

Here is the first prompt:

Take photos of everything and anything in your house that contains colour and patterning. Try and use the most unusual objects in your home. These photos will be your inspiration for colour and pattern. It’s up to you how you want to display these photos. You could create a mood board or keep them loose.The following is a list of patterned objects. You can use these and add your own:
CDs
Wallpaper
Magazine Adverts
Perfume Bottles
Coke cans
Cross Stitch
Scrapbook papers
Clothing
Childrens Drawings
Curtains and Net Curtains
Wooden Flooring
Bathroom Tiles
Material

I've taken my photos and will be creating digital mood boards. These will be shared with you in a separate post.

1 comment:

voodoo vixen said...

Now this sounds like fun! Can't resist a reason for a mini book!! :)